A few quick points to consider when shipping international Canada from the UK
- Royal Mail is the preferred option for individuals shipping small parcels and personal items internationally.
- Market dominant carriers, such as UPS, FedEx and DHL have crazy high base pricing but discounted shipping can be obtained via resellers who provide "comparison quotes.: Discounted retail rates can still be expensive and such sites often lack support and logistics expertise.
- Jet's logistics professionals will personally respond to your inquiry within 1 business day sharing our expertise and helping you find the right solution: Ask Jet.
This post provides a deeper dive and explores of the main elements of international shipping to Canada from the UK including common carriers, CBSA duty and import clearance and the UK Canada Trade Continuity Act / TCA (via a link).
Disclaimer: The information in Jet Worldwide online content, including this post, is for general information only and is not intended to, constitute legal and/or tax advice. Producers, shippers, exporters, importers should confirm their processes with their customs brokers, carriers and regulating authorities. All liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on the contents of this site are hereby expressly disclaimed. The content on this posting is provided “as is”; no representations are made that the content is error-free.
Carrier Options for shipping from the UK to Canada
Shipping Canada from the UK via Royal Mail
Many of Royal mail services to Canada are the preferred option for individuals shipping small parcels and personal items to Canada from the UK.
Shipping Canada from the UK Via FedEx and UPS
FedEx and UPS are North America's mega carriers and, along with DHL provide reliable air shipping options to Canada from the UK.
FedEx and UPS UK shipping options to Canada include
- International air express shipping from the UK
- International economy deferred air shipping to Canada
Required information for a shipping quote between Canada and the UK: See section above.
Shipping between the UK and Canada via Jet Worldwide
- Jet Worldwide is a trusted brand that has been providing international shipping solutions for over 35 years.
- Jet Worldwide provides options for shipping between Canada and UK for parcels, pallets and ecommerce orders.
- Jet Worldwide offers transparency and world class logistics support. We are not shy about recommending alternative solutions as necessary.
For a quote for shipping online orders, provide details including shipping volume, item(s) being shipped, average value and weight of each parcel. The more details the better :).
Duty and taxes in Canada for shipments sent from The UK
Parcels imported from The UK to Canada are subject to Canadian duty and taxes. Most parcels valued under $20 CAD can be imported free of duty and taxes. Parcels valued under $3.300 CAD from The UK can be imported via Canadian customs low value shipment / LVS express clearance processes.
Common Canadian Import Fees for Goods Shipped from the UK
Common import fees for consignments shipped via air to Canada from the UK can include duty, federal and provincial sales tax, entry and carrier disbursement fees.
Important Note: The information in Jet Worldwide online content, including this post, is for general information only and is not intended to, constitute legal and/or tax advice. The content on this all Jet Worldwide posts are provided “as is”; no representations are made that the content is error-free.