Ecuador is an increasingly popular destination and residence to thousands of Canadians. Jet Worldwide provides low cost delivery for parcels shipped from Guayaquil, Quito and Cuenca to Canada.
Having low cost parcel options is an important element connecting the Ecuador and Canadian economy.
In this post, we review important things to consider when shipping between Ecuador and Canada
- Common carrier options for shipping Canada from Ecuador
- Canadian import process and fees for consignments from Ecuador
- Canadian customs assessment and revenue project (CARM)
- Information required for a shipping quote
Disclaimer: The information in Jet Worldwide online content, including this post, is for general information only and is not intended to, constitute legal and/or tax advice. Producers, shippers, exporters, importers should confirm their processes with their customs brokers, carriers and regulating authorities. All liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on the contents of this site are hereby expressly disclaimed. The content on this posting is provided “as is”; no representations are made that the content is error-free.
Carrier Options for Shipping from Ecuador to Canada
Sending via Ecuadorian postal service / Correos to Canada
Correos offers low cost for small parcels sent from Ecuador to Canada and is the preferred option for individuals shipping small parcels and personal items.
Express Mail Service (EMS) service provides delivery to Canada. EMS parcels sent from Belize are cleared and delivered via Canada Post.
Delivery between Ecuador and Canada via Jet Worldwide
- Jet Worldwide: A trusted brand offering international shipping for over 35 years!
- Jet Worldwide offers options for shipping between Ecuador and Canada for parcels, pallets, and online orders.
- Jet Worldwide offers transparency and logistics support. We are not shy to recommend alternative options that are better suited for your needs.
Delivery from Ecuador to Canada via UPS and FedEx
The American carriers offer, along with DHL, reliable express service from Ecuador to Canada. However, their prices can be expensive and their processes inflexible.
FedEx and UPS International Shipping Options from Ecuador Include:
- International Priority Express to Canada
- International economy air express from Ecuador
- Get a comparison quote for shipping Canada from Ecuador: See required information below.
Check to make sure the items you are sending to Canada are not restricted:
Perishable and other restricted items are not eligible for express parcel delivery from Ecuador e to Canada.
Duty and taxes in Canada for shipments sent from Ecuador
Canada parcel clearance processes or CLVS (Courier Low Value Shipments) System is available for shipments from Ecuador valued up to CA$3,300. These processes allow for efficient clearance of parcels shipped via courier parcel carriers to Canada.
- Up to CA$20 and under: duty and tax free when imported from Ecuador
- Duty and taxes apply when importing goods valued over CA$20. Contact Jet’s logistics team to get an estimate of your import fees (for parcels shipped via our service).
The Canadian Customs online portal which is designed to streamline processes and a useful too for Canadian importers. Read more about CBSA Assessment and Revenu Management (CARM)
For shippers who do not want their receiver to pay Canadian duty and taxes:
Jet Worldwide can arrange to pay the duty and taxes on behalf of the Canadian importer via our Delivery Duty Paid Service. For distribution of Ecuadorian products to Canada, Jet can arrange for bulk import and distribution.
Common Canadian Import Fees for Shipments from Ecuador
Common import fees for consignments shipped via air to Canada can include duty, taxes and import fees.
Getting a quote for shipping between Ecuador and Canada.
Jet Worldwide gives access to all companies seeking shipping quotes between Ecuador and Canada for parcels pallets, and online orders. For a quote, please provide:
- Your company name and contact details
- Ship from Address
- Ship To Address
- Weight and dimensions of each piece
- Item(s) being sent
For a quote for shipping online orders, provide details including shipping volume, item(s) being shipped, average value and weight of each parcel. The more details the better :).
Reminder: The information in this blog is for general information only. Producers, shippers, exporters, importers should confirm their processes with their customs brokers, carriers and regulating authorities.