The UK is one of Canada’s largest trading partners in Europe with strong historic and cultural history. Even with the departure of the UK from the EU, the strong trade between Canada and the UK continues. Canadian companies rely on low cost shipping solutions for delivery to London, Manchester, Glasgow and all the UK.
Canada Post International Parcel Shipping Alternative UK: COVID 19 UPDATE
Canada Post and Royal Mail disruptions for international parcel delivery are resulting in many inquiries for parcel shipping to the UK
- Private International Canadian carriers cannot offer the low pricing of Canada post packet shipping for small parcels.
- If the shipment is not urgent, we recommend simply to defer shipping. For urgent or larger parcels, Jet can provide shipping solutions.
- Contact Jet for rate for shipping your international postal parcel to the UK
In this blog, we offer an updated -post Brexit - review of the parcel shipping options from Canada to the UK, customs clearance processes and costs. Transit from the UK to the EU will require an in-bond transfer and can no longer be cleared in the UK for free movement in the Eurozone. Although goods sent only to the UK, are unaffected by Brexit, delays are expected as H.M. Customs adjusts to a much greater volume of entries.
Jet Worldwide provides low cost shipping from Canada for delivery to the UK, including the entire island of Great Britain (England, Scotland, Wales) and the northeastern portion of the island of Ireland (Northern Ireland).
UK from Canada Shipping Options
Shipping to the United Kingdom via Canada Post
Canada Post is the best choice for individuals shipping small parcels to the UK. Canada Post's Small Packet service to the UK provide a low cost for individuals shipping parcels to the UK under 4 pounds/ 2 kilograms. Shipments sent via Canada Post are imported and delivered to The UK via Royal Mail.
Canada Post Shipping Options to The United Kingdom Include:
For shipment to the UK under 2 kg/ 4 pounds
- Canada Post Small Packet International Surface UK: Uncertain delivery time
- Canada Post Small Packet International Air UK
- Canada Post Tracked Packet International Air UK: Delivery within 2 weeks
For shipping packages to The United Kingdom over 2 kg
- Canada Post International Parcel to the UK: Surface (Uncertain delivery time)
- Canada Post International Parcel to the UK: Delivery usually in 2 weeks
- Canada Post Xpresspost International: Delivery within 1 week
- Get a comparison quote for shipping to the UK
Canada Post shipments to London, Manchester, Glasgow, and all The UK are imported and delivered by Royal Mail. Canadian e-commerce shippers using Shopify can benefit from low cost for heavy parcels shipped to the UK from Canada.
Shipping to the UK via FedEx Canada and DHL and UPS Canada
FedEx and UPS are North America's largest carriers and offer reliable express delivery from Canada to the UK. FedEx and UPS Canada can be expensive for small and medium sized businesses and their processes are inflexible. DHL, Europe's leading express carrier, also offers service from Canada to the UK. Jet Worldwide partners with DHL Canada.
- FedEx Canada and UPS Canada offer express and economy parcel options to the UK
- The standard economy rates to the United Kingdom via FedEX and UPS are around $150 for up to 2 kg
Fedex and UPS Canada Delivery Options to the UK include:
- Priority international express delivery to the UK in 2 -3 days
- Economy international economy delivery in 3-4 days
- Get a comparison quote: Contact Jet
Shipping to the UK via Purolator Canada
Purolator Courier is a leading Canadian domestic carrier. Purolator provides delivery to the UK via partner carriers, such as UPS.
Delivery from Canada to the UK also average around $150 for up to 5 pounds with Purolator. Purolator services to the UK include Purolator Express International and Purolator Express International 12 PM
Shipping to the UK via Jet Worldwide Canada
Jet Worldwide provides low cost delivery for Canada to UK. Our network of the world's leading carriers and local agents helps Canadian companies ship parcels to and from the UK. Shipping UK from Canada? Our experts can help you find the right solution.
Jet Worldwide Canada provides delivery to the UK that can include special services such as time specific pickups, storage in the UK or Canada, and domestic distribution.
While most of our shipments sent from Canada are sent for delivery to London, we provide service throughout the UK.
Clearance information Canada to UK shipments
Below is useful information on HM Revenue and Customs clearance processes for shipping parcels from Canada to the UK. The information is provided for general reference only as UK customs regulations are subject to change. For rates and information on restrictions, contact Jet's team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sending parcels from Canada to the UK requires clearly defined commodity descriptions and value. UK Custom considers the transaction value to include Cost, Insurance, Freight (CIF). When sending international shipments to the UK, ensure the commercial invoice includes a clear description of the item(s) being sent and the reason for export. Also, it should be noted that the value is a “CIF value.”
Duty Free status for low value parcels
Companies who send low value international shipments from Montreal to the United Kingdom can take advantage of the “de-minimus limit” for relief from payment of customs duty (below £135) and Value Added Tax/ VAT (below £15).
For Imports of “negligible value”
- Up to £15 (around $25 CD) : Exempt from duty and VAT
- Over £15 and up to £135: Exempt from duty. VAT is due
- Over £135 (around $240 CD) : Duty and VAT due
H.M. Customs are getting stricter on enforcing the correct declared value. When shipping to the UK, be sure to include supporting documents that might be needed in case UK Customs challenges the declared value.
For valuation of your package to the UK, the most common method is known as the '"transactional value." Simply, what you paid or sold for the item is what should be declared to customs.
Sending Parcels containing Samples:
For companies who send sample shipments, they should be aware of the criteria necessary to qualify for exemption from duty and VAT:
- Sample goods must have been “mutilated”
- The commercial invoice must clearly note that the item is a mutilated sample and not for resale.
- An alternative to mutilated sample is for the item(s) to be clearly marked as “sample” in indelible ink
- Only single samples of each style. If shoes, only one shoe can be sent.
The UK is a major shipping destination from Canadian e-commerce merchants using on-line shopping platforms including Shopify, Big Commerce, Wix and other sites. Canada Post offers discounts via such e-commerce shipping platforms and is the lowest cost choice for small parcels.
Canada Post Small Packet Service offers a low cost to the UK for shipments under 4 pounds / 2 kilograms.
Jet Worldwide offers low cost parcel delivery from Canada to the UK for larger parcels shipped from Canadian e-commerce parcels. Contact our Canadian shipping experts for a quote on shipping heavy and multilot / multi parcel Shopify international shipments from Canada.Sending parcels to the UK containing Commercial Samples
Companies who wish to send an international shipment to the United Kingdom containing commercial or “Salesman’s Samples” should note this clearly on the commercial invoice. The importation of such samples may qualify for duty relief but may be subject to special handling such as a Temporary Import. Such special procedures will result in extra clearance costs and potential clearance delays.
Sending Parcels to the UK containing personal Gifts
Articles sent as "Unsolicited gifts" are acceptable and will be allowed entry free of any duty or VAT providing the shipment is valued at less than 40 UKL/ $70CD, consigned to an individual, and are individually wrapped. The parcel may contain multiple gifts as long as the individual parcels enclosed are individually tagged with the recipient's name, are individually wrapped and the value does not exceed the per person limit of 40 UKL (around $70 CD)
Shipments consigned to companies as gifts for an individual may be denied entry as gifts and will be subject to full duty and VAT.
To qualify for duty/tax free status, the gift:
- Must be clearly described on the commercial invoice (a common error is when shippers describe the item only as a “gift” but does not specify what the item itself is.
- Under 40 UKL (around $70 CD)
- Does not contain restricted goods and are of a “non-commercial character.”
- Be addressed to a private individual (rather than a company)
- Items subject to excise tax, such as cigarettes, perfume, toilet water, and alcohol should be avoided. They are only accepted in limited quantities and, anyway, often forbidden for transport by courier.
Parcel distribution to the UK and the EU
Jet Worldwide offers bulk H.M. Customs clearance, warehousing, pick/pack and low cost ground delivery solutions to the UK and across Europe. Pending Brexit, we have developed solutions for delivery to the EU from the UK via bonded transfer and distribution capabilities in the Netherlands and France. Contact our team for rates and information on UK and European shipping and last mile delivery solutions.Sending Parcels to the UK for personal effects
Contact our team for rates and information on sending your personal effects to the United Kingdom from Canada.
When shipping personal effects to the UK, the goods must first be approved by HM Customs (via a unique number) prior to shipping
Low cost parcel delivery to the UK from Canada. Contact Jet Worldwide for rates and information on our Canadian shipping services for delivery to the United Kingdom.
Shipping from Canada to Wales, Scotland, England... Delivery to all the UK.