The UK is one of Canada’s most important trading partners and leading export markets. With our without Brexit, The Canadian UK economic connection will remain strong. Jet Worldwide Canada provides low cost Canadian parcel shipping - and other logistics solutions - for delivery to London, Manchester and all the UK.
Canada Post International Parcel Shipping Alternative UK: COVID 19 UPDATE
Canada Post disruptions for international parcel delivery are resulting in many inquiries for parcel shipping to the UK
- Private International Canadian carriers cannot offer the low pricing of Canada post packet shipping for small parcels.
- If the shipment is not urgent, we recommend simply to defer shipping. For urgent or larger parcels, Jet can provide shipping solutions.
- Contact Jet for rate for shipping your international postal parcel to the UK
Jet Worldwide provides shipping from Canada for delivery to the UK
Shipping to The UK from Canada
Shipping Options to consider
Shipping to The United Kingdom via Canada Post
Canada Post's "Small Packet" services offers the lowest cost for individuals sending small parcels to the UK. Shipments sent via Canada Post are imported and delivered to The UK via Royal Mail.
Canada Post Delivery Services to The United Kingdom Include:
- Shipping to The UK Canada Post small parcel packet Surface, Air, tracked
- Shipping The United Kingdom via Canada Post surface, parcel, Xpresspost
- Get a comparison shipping UK from Canada
Shipping to the UK via FedEx, UPS Canada
FedEx and UPS are North America's largest carriers and, along with DHL, offer reliable express delivery from Canada to the UK. FedEx and UPS Canada can be expensive for small and medium sized businesses and their processes inflexible.
- FedEx Canada and UPS Canada offer express and economy parcel options
- Get a comparison quote for shipping UK from Canada
Shipping to the UK via Purolator Canada
Purolator Courier is a leading Canadian domestic carrier. Purolator provides delivery to the UK via partner carriers, such as UPS.
Shipping to the UK via Jet Worldwide
Jet Worldwide provides low cost delivery for larger parcels shipped from Canada to the UK. Our network of the world's leading carriers and local agents helps Canadian companies ship parcels to and from the UK.
Jet Canada logistics support for Canadian companies shipping to the UK
While most of our shipments sent from Canada are sent for delivery to London, we provide service throughout the UK.
Clearance information on shipments sent from Canada to The UK
Sending parcels from Canada to the UK requires clearly defined commodity descriptions and value. UK Custom considers the transaction value to include Cost, Insurance, Freight (CIF). When sending to international shipments to the UK, ensure the commercial invoice includes a clear description of the item(s) being sent and reason for export. Also, it should be noted that the value is a “CIF value.”
Duty Free status for low value parcels
Companies who send low value international shipments from Montreal to the United Kingdom can take advantage of the “de-minimus limit” for relief from payment of customs duty (below £135) and Value Added Tax/ VAT (below £15).
For Imports of “negligible value”
- Up to £15 (around $25 CD) : Exempt from duty and VAT
- Over £15 and up to £135: Exempt from duty. VAT is due
- Over £135 (around $240 CD) : Duty and VAT due
Valuation for shipments to the UK
With the growth of e-commerce shipments to the UK, H.M. Customs is getting more strict on enforcing the correct declared value.
For valuation of your package to the UK, the most common method is known as the '"transactional value." Simply, what you paid or sold for the item is what should be declared to customs.
Sending Commercial Samples to the UK
For companies who send sample shipments, they should be aware of the criteria necessary to qualify for exemption from duty and VAT:
- Sample goods must have been “mutilated”
- The commercial invoice must clearly note that the item is a mutilated sample and not for resale.
- An alternative to mutilated sample is for the item(s) to be clearly marked as “sample” in indelible ink
- Only single samples of each style. If shoes, only one shoe can be sent.
Shipping Commercial Samples from Canada to the UK
Companies who wish to send an international shipment to the United Kingdom containing commercial or “Salesman’s Samples” should note this clearly on the commercial invoice. The importation of such samples may qualify for duty relief but may be subject to special handling such as a Temporary Import. Such special procedures will result in extra clearance costs and potential clearance delays.
Shipping personal Gifts from Canada to the UK
Articles sent as "Unsolicited gifts" are acceptable and will be allowed entry free of any duty or VAT providing the shipment is valued at less than 40 UKL/ $70CD, consigned to an individual, and are individually wrapped. The parcel may contain multiple Multiple gifts as long as the individual parcels enclosed are individually tagged with the recipients name, are individually wrapped and the value does not exceed the per person limit of 40 UKL (around $70 CD)
Shipments consigned to companies as gifts for an individual may be denied entry as gifts and will be subject to full duty and VAT.
To qualify for duty/tax free status, the gift:
- Must be clearly described on the commercial invoice (a common error is when shippers describe the item only as a “gift” but does not specify what the item itself is.
- Under 40 UKL (around $70 CD)
- Does not contain restricted goods and are of a “non-commercial character.”
- Be addressed to a private individual (rather than a company)
- Items subject to excise tax, such as cigarettes, perfume, toilet water, and alcohol should be avoided. They are only accepted in limited quantities and, anyway, often forbidden for transport by courier.
Sending personal effects from Canada to the UK
Contact our team for rates and information on sending your personal effects to the United Kingdom from Canada.
When shipping personal effects to the UK, the they goods must first be approved by HM Customs (via a unique number) prior to shipping
Low cost parcel delivery to the UK from Canada. Contact Jet Worldwide for rates and information on our Canadian shipping services for delivery to the United Kingdom.
Shipping from Canada to Wales, Scotland, England... Delivery to all the UK.