Georgia and Canada share a strong economic connection with shipments to Canada representing over 15% of Georgia's GDP! Atlanta is the commercial heart of the American Southeast and Savannah is a growing port for ocean goods. Approval of the New NAFTA (USMCA) will ensure continued duty free access between Canada and Georgia.
Low cost parcel shipping from Texas to Quebec and all Canada: This blog Explores the Georgia shipping options for delivery to Canada and explains the Canadian customs clearance processes for US origin goods.
- Georgia exports over $5 billion in goods to Canada per year.
- Top exports from Georgia to Canada include motor vehicles, bulldozers, acrylic polymers, insulated wire and cable, and textile floor coverings
- Georgia’s top imports from Canada include powered aircraft, copper, plastics and energy.
Low Cost Shipping options from Georgia to Canada
The new NAFTA will continue to support the economic growth from Georgia to Canada ensuring an easier connection between Georgia and Canadian based suppliers and customers. Shipments from Georgia are sent mostly to the main cities in Canada including including Montreal, Laval, Brossard, Quebec City, Toronto GTA, Calgary, Ottawa and Vancouver.
Jet Worldwide offers low cost economy express parcel delivery options shipping Georgia to all Canada.
Depending upon your volume of parcels, there are several methods of sending to Canada from Atlanta and all Georgia. Contact our Canadian team to discuss ways to ship to Canada.
Ship from Atlanta Georgia for delivery via
USPS (Canada Post), FedEx and UPS
Shipping from Georgia to Canada via USPS
Canada is the largest international destination for US Postal parcels. USPS offers a great choice for Georgia shipping to Canada. Among the most popular US Postal post options from Texas is the International Flat Rate Boxes to Canada.
USPS Flat rate boxes to Canada - Delivery within 2-3 weeks
Up to 20 pounds
- Priority Mail International Large Flat Rate Box: est. cost US$64
- Priority Mail International Medium Flat Rate Box: est. cost US$49
Up to 4 Pounds
- Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box: est. cost US$26
- Priority Mail International DVD Flat Rate priced box: est. cost US$26
- Priority Mail International Large Video Flat Rate priced box: est. cost US$26
For e-commerce sellers in Georgia using Shopify, USPS offers value for small parcels. Contact Jet for shipping large parcels from the US to Canada.
USPS Global Express Guaranteed to Canada
- Delivery via USPS partner FedEx Canada
- Delivery in 1-3 business days
- Can be less expensive than using FedEx Directly
USPS Priority Mail Express International
- Delivery in 3-5 business days from Georgia to Canada
- Estimated average cost: US$68
USPS Priority Mail International to Canada
- Delivery in 2-3 weeks From Georgia to Canada
- Estimated average cost varies with weight
USPS shipments from Georgia are imported to Canada and delivered in Canada via Canada Post.
Canada Post has strong domestic capabilities with a commanding market share for at home deliveries.
Importing parcels from Georgia to Canada via Canada Post
All parcels mailed to Canada are potentially subject to duty and/or taxes. . Canadian Customs (CBSA) collects provincial sales taxes (PST) and Harmonized Sales Taxes (HST) according to the province of residence on most taxable imports valued at over CA$20.
Dutiable and taxable items mailed to Canada are subject to a handling fee of CA$9.95 per dutiable or taxable parcel. If charges are applied, the parcel will be delivered along with a CBSA Invoice (E14). Canada Post collects the fees on behalf of the CBSA and accepts payment online via credit card and other methods.
For those who have read about the Free Trade agreement between Canada and the USA (namely NAFTA and USMCA), it often comes as a surprise that their shipments are subject to duty. To qualify for duty free entry under NAFTA, the goods must be accompanied by a NAFTA Certificate of Origin.
Shipping Aerospace industry parts between Canada to Georgia
Jet assists Georgia shippers with low cost express delivery of urgent aerospace parts and equipment for delivery to Georgia to Canada and vice versa.
Sending Gifts from Georgia to Quebec and Canada via USPS
The personal connections between Georgia and Quebec are stronger than ever thanks to shared employees, employers, universities and tourists. Gifts between individuals can be considered duty and tax exempt, not otherwise restricted and valued under CA$60. To qualify as tax exempt, the gift must be sent to the recipient personally and include a card or other notice indicating that it is a gift. Advertising material and alcohol cannot be cleared as tax exempt gifts.
Shipping from Georgia to Canada via FedEx or UPS
FedEx and UPS are by far the most dominant carriers in North America and have extensive operations throughout Texas. They also have a sizeable presence in Canada and, along with Purolator, are market leaders in the Canadian Market.
The “shipping from USA to Canada offer” via FedEx and UPS are similar. Both companies offer air express delivery, economy air delivery and ground delivery.
FedEx USA shipping options from Georgia to Canada Include:
- FedEx International Priority to Canada: 1-2 business days
- FedEx International Economy Canada: 2-3 business days
- FedEx International Ground Canada from Texas: Up to 6 business days
Get a price estimate to compare parcel shipping costs to Quebec and Canada
UPS USA shipping options from Georgia to Canada Include:
- UPS Worldwide Express: Morning delivery to main cities
- UPS Worldwide Saver: End of day delivery to main cities
- UPS Worldwide Expedited: 2 Day delivery to main cities
- UPS Standard to Quebec: Up to 6 days Ground
Clearance and Entry Fees to Canada via UPS and FedEx
Carrier clearance fees in Canada vary by the service type. Jet can help Texas shippers minimize these fees through single entry consolidated entry. Jet Worldwide can receive and store shipments from Georgia in our Montreal facilities for on-demand distribution throughout Canada.
Typically, there are three elements to standard parcel clearance:
- No charge for express shipments
- Charge for ground shipments based on value of shipment (see below)
- Calculated using the H.S. classification and can be as high as 20% for clothing
- Many are surprised to learn of duties and how NAFTA country of origin duty free is rarely used for parcel shipments from the USA to Canada.
- GST, HST, PST: Sales tax is applied based on destination of parcel
Prepayment of duty fees
- If duty and taxes are paid, FedEx and UPS charge for “prepayment” of these fees.
- The charge for payment is usually around 3% of the amount prepaid with minimum charge of between CA$7 and CA$15.
In general, express shipments to Canada are not charged an entry preparation fee by the carrier. However, ground shipments sent via FedEx and UPS to Canada are subject to an entry preparation fee.
Sample Clearance fees for Ground Shipments sent to Canada
As a rough guide, here are some estimated charges for entry preparation sent via FedEx or UPS ground to Canada. Their entry preparation fees and processes are very similar.
Approximate Entry Preparation Fees for Ground Shipments to Canada:
- Parcel Import Value up to $40: CA$7
- Parcel Import Value up to $60: CA$16
- Parcel Import Value up to $100: CA$20
- Parcel Import Value up to $200: CA$30
- Parcel Import Value up to $1,000: CA$51
The cost advantage of shipping parcels from Georgia to Canada via ground service is diluted by the Canadian clearance cost and shipping delay.
Exact FedEx ground and UPS ground entry preparation fees can be found online and can be negotiated for high volume shippers.
For Georgia based companies with regular volume to Canada, it may be best to establish a high volume parcel import and distribution process. This type of “zone skipping” has the added benefit of lower per shipment clearance cost- especially for shipping from Georgia to Canada. Georgia companies can establish themselves as a foreign importer of record and do one consolidated entry for many individual parcels.
Jet Worldwide works with shippers in Atlanta, Savannah and all Georgia for low cost parcel shipping solutions from Georgia to Canada with final delivery via Canada Post and Purolator carrier.
The most efficient routing for regular parcel flows is via consolidating parcel volumes for a single shipment for single entry cross border entry. After clearance, the goods can be transferred to a Canadian domestic carrier for delivery across Canada. Get information from our Canadian team on shipping your American parcels to Canada.
Shipping from Georgia to Canada for Canadian companies
There is a demand from Canadian companies who are looking for cost effective solutions for receiving goods from their many their suppliers in the Southeastern US. Often, ground is too uncertain and air is too costly. Contact Jet for a low cost express solution that includes entry preparation and delivery in 1-3 days from the USA to Canada.
Canadian storage and distribution
For specific items, many shippers in Georgia can find it cost effective to store and distribute their goods stored in Canada for on demand distribution. For information on Canadian warehouse solutions, contact our parcel logistics team.
Sending Shopify parcels from Georgia to Canada
Canada is the largest international market for most US based e-commerce merchants using on-line shopping platforms including Shopify, Big Commerce, Wix and other sites. USPS offers discounts via such e-commerce shipping platforms and is the lowest cost choice for small parcels.
USPS offers a low cost to Canada for shipments under 10 to 20 pounds.
Jet Worldwide offers low cost parcel delivery to Canada from Georgia for larger parcels shipped from Texas and other US e-commerce parcels. Contact our Canadian shipping experts for a quote and information on shipping your parcels from Texas and from all the US.
International Cross Border Shipping Experts for over 35 years