Ecommerce sellers to Canada often inquire as to alternative shipping options within Canada. We have created this post to assist with these inquiries we get on this subject.
Canadian Carriers to Consider For Domestic Shipping
- Canada Post: Most well know and leader for Canadian ecommerce deliveries.
- GLS/Dicom: A division of Royal Mail/ General Logistics Systems (GLS) attempting to capture a greater share of business to consumer market.
- Purolator: A division of Canada Post and leading Canadian carrier. Purolator offers access to Canada for large US shippers to Canada via their Purolator International subsidiary.
- Nationex: A privately held firm specializing in business to business ground shipping in eastern Canada.
- TFI Carriers: A financial holding company of the wealthy Saputo family, TFI parcel carriers (representing around 15% of total revenue) include Canpar, ICS and , Loomis.
- Intelcom: Primarily serving major ecommerce sellers with independent "gig economy" drivers offering low cost parcel delivery.
- FedEx and UPS: Well known carriers offering ground and express across Canada
- Local and regional carriers: There are many credible carriers in major cities across Canada (many of whom partner with Jet Worldwide).
Importing ecommerce to Canada via LVS:
For ecommerce orders, the best processes are via the Low Value System / LVS.
Common import fees for consignments shipped via air to Canada can include duty, tax, entry preparation and carrier disbursement fees.
Shipping to, from and within Canada via Jet Worldwide
- Jet Worldwide is a trusted brand that has been providing international shipping solutions for over 35 years.
- Jet Worldwide provides options for Canadian international shipping for parcels, pallets and ecommerce.
- Jet Worldwide offers transparency and world class logistics support. We are not shy about recommending alternative solutions as necessary (including many listed above).
For a quote for shipping online orders, provide details including shipping volume, item(s) being shipped, average value and weight of each parcel. The more details the better :).