Canadian companies are increasingly looking to Japan as CP-TPP free trade agreement presents incredible opportunity. Canadian origin goods can be sent duty free to one of the world's largest economies. Japan is Canada's fourth largest export market.
Canada Parcel Shipping On-Line Shipping Alternative to Japan
Major Canadian e-commerce sellers can benefit from Jet's high volume parcel import processes to Japan. The process can include postal clearance, commercial clearance, low cost final mile delivery, and return solutions. With the growth of e-commerce volumes and size of Japan's market, Canadian and American companies can now benefit from shipping volumes direct to Japan. Read about Jet Worldwide.
Disclaimer: The information in Jet Worldwide online content, including this post, is for general information only and is not intended to, constitute legal and/or tax advice. Producers, shippers, exporters, importers should confirm their processes with their customs brokers, carriers and regulating authorities. All liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on the contents of this site are hereby expressly disclaimed. The content on this posting is provided “as is”; no representations are made that the content is error-free.
Grow your online orders to Japan using low cost parcel delivery solutions direct from Canada
Contact Jet's team to inquire about our direct shipping programs for your online orders to Japan from the USA and Canada.
While the CPTPP free trade agreement is often touted for access to fast growing economies, Japan represents a slower growing but larger total opportunity. Japan is the world's third largest economy. Read about CPTPP shipping duty free from Canada to Japan.
- Canadian exports to Japan over $10 billion per year
- Japanese Population: + 120 million
- Per capita income of over CA $45,000 per year
Disclaimer: The information in this blog is for general information only. Producers, shippers, exporters, importers should confirm their processes with their customs brokers, carriers and regulating authorities.
Opportunities for Canadians
The CPTPP is driving additional growth as smaller Canadian manufacturers can now more easily sell and send to Japan.
In this blog, we review:
- CPTPP advantages for Canada origin goods shipped to Japan
- Carrier options for shipping Japan from Canada
With CPTPP, trade is opening up for more Canadian companies. CPTPP moves trade from large commodities to on-line single orders . Canadian's rely on companies like Jet Worldwide for low cost parcel delivery to ship their qualifying goods for duty free clearance to Japan.
Duty Free Clearance Canada origin CP-TPP to Japan
CP-TPP rules of origin procedures determine whether a good is entitled to receive preferential tariff treatment under the Agreement. CPTPP allows the importer, the exporter or the producer to choose to complete the certification of origin. The certification of origin must contain minimum data requirements set out in the origin procedures.
- As long as the required information is included (see below) a qualifying CPTPP Certification of Origin can be presented in a variety of ways including on the invoice or a signed statement on company letterhead.
- The trader may also choose to complete a single certification of origin for multiple shipments of identical goods for a period of up to one year.
Be sure of duty free status prior to shipping
There is no requirement for third party certification or certification by an authorized body. But, for large and/or repeated business, it is best to request and advance ruling.
To be sure of duty free / "preferential treatment" of your goods, you may ask for an advance ruling from Japanese customs. Advance rulings are binding and provide certainty in how your product will be treated under CPTPP.
It is important to understand that CPTPP applies to duty assessments but not taxes. All goods - even those cleared duty free - are subject to Japan's consumptions tax (10%).
Indirect shipping to Japan from Canada and CPTPP
Many goods shipped from Canada to Japan are routed via a third country on their way to Japan. CPTPP recognizes modern logistics include transport via distribution hubs via "non-Parties" or third countries. A good can retain its originating status, despite being transported through a non-Party if it meets conditions mentioned below.
Goods in transit did not undergo any operation outside the territories of the Parties other than:
unloading, reloading, break bulk, temporary storage, labelling or marking required by the importing Party, or any other operation necessary for transport. The goods must have remained under the control of the customs authority in the territory of a non-Party.
Before shipping, be sure to confirm your shipping practices comply with CPTPP rules.
Canadian shipping carrier Options to Japan
- Shipping to Japan via Canada Post: Canada Post is the preferred solution for individuals shipping small parcels to Japan. Canada Post's Small Packet Service to Japan offers the lowest cost (especially the surface option) for parcels under 2 kg.
- Shipping to Japan via FedEx Canada and UPS Canada: FedEx and UPS are well known carriers that offer air express and air economy delivery from Canada to Japan . Get a comparison quote for shipping to Japan from Canada.
- Shipping to Japan via Purolator Canada: Purolator is a leading Canadian domestic carrier that offers international shipping options to Japan via partners - such as UPS.
- Jet Worldwide shipping to Japan: Jet Worldwide offers low cost shipping options to Japan via the above mentioned carriers and via our agent network for high volume parcel logistics solutions. Contact our team for a quote for shipping to Japan
Reverse logistics to Japan from Canada
Jet Worldwide helps Japanese e-commerce merchants manage their returns. Our solutions range from very small and can scale to enterprise sized solutions. Jet Canada can receive, re-pack, store, return, inventory, repair, destroy and any other unique reverse logistics processes.
Shipping e-commerce orders to Japan from Canada and USA
With Jet Worldwide, Canadian retailers can send their e-commerce orders direct to Japan for efficient clearance and low-cost last-mile delivery. Jet Worldwide provides both postal and commercial clearance options for higher-volume parcel imports shipped directly to Japan.
Shopify integration to Japan: Integrate your Canadian online shipping platform with our Japanese labeling and tracking services.
Contact Jet Worldwide to learn more about how you can grow your e-commerce orders to Japan with our direct shipping, efficient clearance and low-cost delivery solutions.